16492Re: [SCA-JML] Re: A Variety of Inquiries (garb, names, poetry)

    Sep 30, 2004
      Booknerd9@... wrote:

      >>I'd be really cautious about this. The list is riddled with mistake.....
      >>I wouldn't trust it, unless you (1) speak enough Japanese to catch the mistakes,
      >>and (2) had better sources to cross-reference anything it says.
      >

      > Ah, well, back to the drawing board. Well, Ruri is probably legit, right?

      Actually, it sounds rather modern to me, I'm afraid...

      >>Minor problem: Unless you're under 13 or so, you probably wouldn't be wearing
      >>that. That's kids' clothing.
      >

      > Ah, thanks. The mannequin has decieved me.

      There are a couple of giveaways on the mannequin, but you have to be tuned to
      that sort of thing. For one, the hair isn't dressed as an adult's, nor as long.
      For another, the outfit, based on the cut/garment of a hitatare, is HUGE on the
      lil' lady. ;)

      > But I was mostly wondering what one
      > would be wearing if not at court or if the red hakama was kinda like the Guess? jeans
      > of the female Heian nobility and wore them regardless of occasion or location.
      > And yes, that is a terrible analogy. I should be punished. (;

      <dirty old effingvoice>Sure, little missy, I can do that...</dirty old effingvoice>

      > Thanks again.

      Any time!

      Anthony J. Bryant
      Website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com