1631Re: Tatami

  • elmar schmeisser
    Aug 10, 2000
      --- In sca-jml@egroups.com, Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@a...> wrote:

      Greetings, noble Solveig:

      > ...we are talking about a 4.5 mat room
      > (about 10x10 or smaller) with 10 or 12 guests, a host, and a helper
      > all wearing wafuku (which are quite warm) with a small fire.
      > Let us say that it was cozy.

      12 people in a 4.5 mat room along with room for the tea gear...cozy
      doesn't begin to describe that! That's the host and helper and tea
      gear on one full mat, the kettle in the half mat, and everybody else
      on 3 mats. Have to be small people - our normal (!) red headed 6+
      foot tall 190+ pound Pensic samurai wouldn't be able to do it, I'd
      venture <grin>...

      - Jutte (seamus/elmar)
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic