16187Re: [SCA-JML] Feedback requested

  • Elaine Koogler
    Sep 7, 2004
      makiwara_no_yetsuko wrote:

      > Kita-hime,
      > Since you've said you're a "need-a-pattern" sewer, I would love to
      > know what you think.
      > http://www.geocities.com/wodeford/KosodeMadeSimple.htm is the link
      > to the draft on Late Period Girl Clothes For The Sewing Impaired.
      > Lots of pics, so be patient if it takes awhile to load.
      > I've hit the point where I could use other eyes to look at it and
      > would appreciate comments on everything from proof reading to
      > workability of instructions and diagrams. If it doesn't make sense,
      > I need to know before I make it known that this exists in a wider
      > forum.
      > Many thanks,
      > Makiwara
      I know I'm not the person you sent this to, but I do have a question. I
      made this garment essentially the way you show it (the uchikake) for my
      handfasting last year...with one minor exception. I looked closely at
      the line drawings provided on the Tokyo National Museum page and figured
      that the sleeve backs are sewn into the side seam of the body. I
      checked with a good friend of mine who is very knowledgeable, and she
      agreed with me. You, on the other hand, show the sleeves sewn to the
      body of the garment only at the top (which is how I used to do it), with
      the back of the sleeve pretty much left open. What do you think? I
      just looked at it again, and admittedly, it's kind of hard to tell.

      Otherwise, the page is great! what you have there, especially with the
      graphed pattern drawings, is excellent, IMHO!

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic