15731Re: Correspondence

  • makiwara_no_yetsuko
    Aug 3, 2004
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, ekoogler1@c... wrote:
      > I can write prose, but the poetic form, in any language, has always
      eluded me. But I do enjoy reading what others write.

      > Kiri

      You honor us with your praise. I find rhymed, metric poetry MUCH
      harder (the mere concept of the sestina makes my hair hurt), but
      there's something about distilling a thought or image down to thirty-
      one syllables (or seventeen for the haiku fans) that really appeals
      to me. Yes, it takes practice, but that practice is habit forming.
      And fun.

      Makiwara
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic