1572Re: [SCA-JML] OOP -- Memoirs of a Geisha

    Jul 31, 2000
      Barbara Nostrand wrote:

      > Now for one of the reasons that I went barf when reading the front matter
      > of Memoire of a Geisha. The author of that book dissed Dalby. He says that
      > he consulted her when writing and early manuscript, but later met a real
      > Geisha and threw out all that he had written. Yack! Yack! Yack! I am not
      > convinced that he ever met a Geisha (except for possibly Dalby). I am
      > confident that Dalby met dozens.

      And the great irony is that the geisha he attributes most of his work to, and
      whom he says was much of his inspiration, has publicly come out against his book
      as trash, and total fiction unlike anything based on reality in her experience.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic