14899Re: classes

  • Date Saburou Yukiie
    May 27 10:19 AM
      Marc,
      Wonderful! If you look here
      http://www.nb.net/~kmeg/kaminari/drums/drum_index.html
      you will see some of the music we have been playing. You may have to
      download the free player but it is reasonably easy.
      I am new to the Taiko section (Rai Mei Tenkai Daiko) but
      enthusiastic. I have a mucking HUGE O-daiko that was made for me last
      Pennsic during grueling Taiko building classes.
      We have bells, and shakuhachi, and wooden flutes, and some very
      impressive hotogai and conchs...and I know we practice every day.
      I will tell the Taikoban you might stop in!
      I don't know if we have any official gigs set up, but we have been
      known to play for background music for Knightings, and for Chiurgen
      (sp) events...

      See you there!
      Date

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Choronzey, Marc" <mchoronz@m...>
      wrote:
      > Thanks And you can bet that I will come by your camp. I've seen the
      Pictures
      > and I cant wait. I've been in the SCA for over 8 years (although
      the first 2
      > I was a Saxon personae) and have never had the opportunity to go...
      until
      > this year. Also, I have seen that you guys bring taiko drums to
      Pennsic. if
      > you are interested, I have been playing with Arashi Daiko
      (Montreal's taiko
      > group) for two years now and would love to jam or play with you.
      >
      > Hope to see you all there!
      >
      > -Marc Choronzey
      > OFA, Bell Mobility, Montreal.
      >
      > Work: 866.625.5551 # 3339