13832Re: [SCA-JML] Name Game

    Mar 31, 2004
      Amanda Parker wrote:

      > I'm getting fustrated, I've been reseaching names for weeks, and there not a
      > lot helpful. Most sites have modern names and
      > http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/names.html
      > has tons of stuff for males but a verry small list for women,
      >
      > Besides I'm not sure I want a name that means pretty little flower. Thats not
      > a fighters name. Is there any chance that a girl would leave home for the
      > life of her own choosing, like being a merc, pirate or something and changing
      > her name? Or should my sca persona just pretend to be a boy.
      >
      > If any one could be of help I would very much appriciate it.

      You'd be *very* surprised.

      Sumo rikishi -- among the butchest folk in Japan, traditionally speaking --
      typically have names like Hamanishiki (seashore brocade), Takanotsuru (high
      crane), Kitazakura (northern cherry blossom), Aminishiki (net brocade),
      Toyozakura (far cherry blossom), etc. <G>

      But I'll do some looking for more women's names...