13298Re: [SCA-JML] Re: "The Samurai" on the History Channel

  • Ii Saburou
    Feb 29 6:36 PM
      On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie wrote:

      > It is nice that they highlighted pics from every book we own - you can
      > almost see the page numbers in your head...

      Aine and I had fun sitting down and correcting the narrator, and generally
      drooling over the really nice bits that they have because it is in Japan
      (although I noticed that they had non-Japanese in about as many shots as
      they could, which I figured was to help with the American audience).

      I also liked how they used the picture off of the cover of "The Samurai in
      Pictures" (?I'm blanking and can't find the book now) where the sode on
      the armor are worn backwards. Really kind of funny.

      > Oh well...it is still nice to turn the sound off and watch armor in
      > motion...<personal observation> It is better than TLS support crap
      > that was shown before it...
      > Gads!!! And I was hoping for so much...

      Okay, so when do we all get together and make a documentary for them?

      ;)