13296Re: [SCA-JML] Re: "The Samurai" on the History Channel

  • Ii Saburou
    Feb 29, 2004
      On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie wrote:

      > Konban wa, tomodachi,
      > These shows have been on before, but if you look clearly, there are
      > times when the archers are using clearly Western, bows with shelves!!!
      > Yikes!!!
      > Date Saburou Yukiie

      I didn't notice that. I did notice that they almost invariably are
      showing late to post-period armors even when talking about Heian warriors.
      Some of the historical info can be forgiven since they are cramming a lot
      of history into a two-hour show, but I still found a lot of things that
      were... off. Or else true, but misleading. IOW, typical History Channel
      show.

    »
    «