13271Re: [SCA-JML] Possible Armor Lacing Braid Source

  • Elaine Koogler
    Feb 27 7:25 PM
      I know I'm jumping in here...probably not a good thing as I am not a
      fighter, don't make armor, etc. But...if you REALLY want to do spiff,
      learn how to do kumihino and braid your own cord! ;-)

      Kiri

      Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

      > kegage wrote:
      >
      > > The following link is for a company that makes quality very period
      > > looking flat braid that seems to be perfect for armor lacing. The name
      > > of the company is A.H. Rice. The link is
      > > http://www.ahrice.com/braid.html . I have recieved a sample board and
      > > the braids look great. I am not sure if there is a minimum quantity
      > > that has to be ordered or not, or if you can mix colors and widths or
      > > not. I am in the process of trying to find out. I will let ya'll know
      > > something when I find out.
      >
      > This could be the perfect solution! A good variety of colors, and a
      > wonderful
      > combination of widths!
      >
      > How ideal is THAT!?
      >
      > I'm going to have to contact these folks. Let us know what you find out.
      >
      > Effingham

      Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to knowledge
      and wisdom to curiosity.
      -- C.E. Lawrence