13238Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Possible Armor types

  • Andrew Leitch
    Feb 25, 2004
      Another question for my tomodachi,

      In my kingdom, we often find fighters wearing minimum armour because of the
      heat and the maneuverability it offers. That is, they wear a gambieson,
      kidney belt, helm, gorget, metal cuisses and cops, elbow cops and gauntlets
      and very little else. I imagine that a similar stripped down Japanese look
      could be very attractive - especially if you mixed in various brightly
      coloured patterned silk shirts over the gambieson. You'd look like you'd
      just finished doing a hunt, or been to court.

      Has anyone tried this sort of look?

      - Andre
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic