13235Re: Possible Armor Lacing Braid Source

  • mattfmcti
    Feb 25, 2004
      > For kebiki, as a rough order of magnitude, assume the full length of
      > the scales X the number of scales. For a do maru + sode of Noble
      > kozane, that would be ~1500 x 2.75" ~= 114 yards of lace. I would
      > probably order 20-30% more as CYA for a total of 150 yards.
      >
      > You can do the same sort of calculation for sugake if you already
      laid
      > out the "knot" locations. # Knots x ~height of plate = ~ length of
      > lacing. For a tosei gusoku, you need to include extra length
      defining
      > kusazuri <-> do since that would likely be longer than the height
      of a
      > plate.
      >
      > Otagiri

      Excellent! I have calculated the total number of scales for a
      haramaki do + 2 mogami sode (12" wide, 7 lames) + 6 kusazuri (18
      scales wide, 7 lames) = ~2000 scales x 2.75" + 30% = ~200 yds of
      lace. Now to the meat of the matter: would it be better to buy that
      200 yds from LFL or AHRice? Does anyone know if LFL has a bulk rate?

      Takaharu
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic