12798Armor Lacing

  • Gary Williams
    Feb 3, 2004
      The project to get my armor together is proceeding fairly well. I am using the Yama Kaminari design. As i was lacing together the sode the other day it occured to me i could turn this project into as A&S project as well. So I was thinking of doing the A&S on period Japanese lacing for 15th century armor. So of course 2 questions arise.

      1. How period is the Yama Kaminari design? I am making it out of barrel plastic, which is ok because everyone knows plastic barrels were being produced as early as the 12th century. :P

      2. Is the lacing techniques in the design period.

      So any advice, books, websites that can help me do the research on the lacing would be really helpful.

      Thanks,

      Cristen Fynlo (aka Gary Williams)