12406Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Looking for Shoelace, Nylon Cord for Kozane/Odoshi

  • Donald Luby
    Jan 6, 2004
      On Jan 6, 2004, at 12:11 PM, mattfmcti wrote:

      > Todd,
      >
      > I took a look at your pictures, which are nice btw. Are you using the
      > Yama Kaminari pattern? How well is it working for you? Since I'm
      > anxious to get started and given the time and expense required for a
      > period steel-based kit, I'm leaning towards building plastic armor
      > for myself (Please forgive me, Hiraizumi-dono!). In particular, how
      > did you get the right curve in the shoulder straps? Brute force, or
      > was there some application of heat?

      When I make my kits out of plastic, for things that need to be curved,
      I put it in the oven (~15 minute at ~250F), and bend them while they're
      soft; they cool off and keep form in pretty quick order.

      > Domo Arigato,
      > Fujiwara Takaharu

      Sir Koredono

      Donald J. Luby Magariki Katsuichi no