1114Re: [SCA-JML] hellooooo

  • Barbara Nostrand
    May 1 10:48 PM

      You should understand that torii are gates for gods to enter and leave
      their shrines. I was once told that every shrine has a path leading
      to either a mountain or to the sea from which the god comes. Regardless,
      you do not have to build a miniature house or anything like that in order
      to have torii. (At least small ones.) I have seen torii set up in front
      of springs issuing from the roots of trees and stuff like that. These
      trees are often encircled by ropes with streamers, &c. Regardless, you
      need to enshrine something to have a torii. Essentially you have to
      have a central icon or something which embodies the god. This can
      be housed in some sort of building (big or small).

      Note. While Japanese have imported Buddhism to North America, Shintoh
      has mostly been left at home.

      | techie.com |