10206[SCA-JML] Re: Greetings All

  • Solveig
    Aug 1, 2003

      >A society based on a multiple time frame...(SCA Time frame being 800 -
      >1600 ad) must be willing to accept the anachronisms of the various
      >locational participants...

      As much as I may like Karl der Gross, last time I looked, there still
      was no early-period cut-off in the Society's governing documnets.
      800 is not a particularly good cut-off anyway as you miss out on
      some interesting "dark ages" stuff. Yes, you can argue that the
      chivalry got their start with Karl der Gross, but there is so much
      more going on.

      >Stand up and say..."This is how Japanese history was...and that's what
      >I am researching......ain't it fun!!!"

      Hear! Hear! Well said!

      >...The SCA has built itself into a "not european" corner...and must
      >live with it...

      At least as early ca June AS III when the East Kingdom had its very
      first event. The East Kingdom has always had Japanese. From the very