10189Re: Greetings All

  • John
    Jul 31, 2003
      > Warning: Ronin are _not_ well thought of characters. Although they
      have
      > been romantacized later, in period if you are not affiiliated with
      someone
      > then you are basically viewed as a beggar. I highly recommend not
      going
      > that route.

      Yeah, I am aware of the stigma of being masterless, since a samurai's
      life was to serve his liege lord, but it is hard to come up with a
      plausable back story to explain one's presense in Europe.

      If for no other reason, then simply because a samurai wouldnt be very
      likely to leave his home, and master to roam the earth without being
      ordered to do so.

      > I like the second better. That one has much more prestige to it, and
      > sounds more legitimate. On the other hand, some people just don't
      try to
      > explain away why they are not in Japan anymore (I was in Owari
      yesterday,
      > where did all of these foreigners come from?).

      I agree. And that is the one i preferre as well.

      Thanks so much for the insight!
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic