10177Helmut - Was Re: A picture of a unknown fighter

  • Jason Silver
    Jul 31 4:33 PM
      Greetings

      I have a question, I take you are getting your helmuts made there?
      Does the person who is making them have a web site and can others
      order them? Currently I am running a spun top and I am tired of the
      ringing in my ears :)

      Imakawa Shirou Yoshitaka

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Donald J. Luby <djl@t...> wrote:

      > On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 11:11 PM, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:
      >
      > > Jason Silver wrote:
      > >
      > >> Greetings all
      > >>
      > >> I just happened to be looking for pictures of Pennsic (being I
      have
      > >> never been and can only hope and pray I will get to go one
      day).. I
      > >> came across a web site where they had a picture of a warrior
      > >> attacking a bunch of guys..
      > >>
      > >> Normally this would not be a big deal, but it looks like the
      fellow
      > >> has a Clan Yama Kaminari flag on his back and I thought it might
      be
      > >> cool if he could be identified for the web sites information..
      > >
      > > If I'm not mistaken, that looks like Koredono-sama's kabuto.
      >
      > Sadly, you are mistaken, but not by very much and with a pretty
      good
      > reason:
      > The kabuto that Hachirou is wearing is (almost) the exact same
      design
      > as my old (working) kabuto, made by the same armorer within a year
      of
      > mine; the biggest difference (from that angle, at least) is that
      since
      > mine was the beta model, and Hachirou's is a regular production
      model,
      > he has a much nicer hachi (that is the term for the rounded cap on
      the
      > top, right?) - his is bronze, and mine's just stainless steel.
      > The other way to tell is he's wearing a red belt, and I was wearing
      > white one :)
      >
      > I'll be wearing my snazzy new helmet on the field this year, though
      > which might reduce confusion (unless I need to lend out my older
      helmet
      > to another household fighter who's been waiting on his kabuto to be
      > delivered ...), especially with my mon in brass on the fukigaeshi.
      >
      > > Effingham
      >
      > Koredono
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic