10161Re: [SCA-JML] A picture of a unknown fighter

  • Donald J. Luby
    Jul 31, 2003
      On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 11:00 PM, Jason Silver wrote:

      > Greetings all
      >
      > I just happened to be looking for pictures of Pennsic (being I have
      > never been and can only hope and pray I will get to go one day).. I
      > came across a web site where they had a picture of a warrior
      > attacking a bunch of guys..
      >

      > Normally this would not be a big deal, but it looks like the fellow
      > has a Clan Yama Kaminari flag on his back and I thought it might be
      > cool if he could be identified for the web sites information..
      >
      > the address to the picture is
      >
      > http://www.endhome.com/Pennsic/Battle/XXXI%20battle.htm

      That would be Kataura Hachirou, senior squire of Sir Ogami Akira;
      actually, his sashimono has two mon on it - the white on red of Yama
      Kaminari, and the blue on white of his personal household, Ni Yama.

      Ironically, I cannot name anyone who's mentioned in the photo
      description, but I seem to know everyone else - I addition to Hachirou,
      I spot Random Wronghand (fighter with spear and 'strainer' grill on his
      helmet) and Nissan Maxima (yes, that really is his name, in the red
      yoroi) and a few others whose names escape me, all from House
      Clovenshield.

      > Imakawa Shirou Yoshitaka

      Sir Koredono

      -------