10159Re: [SCA-JML] A picture of a unknown fighter

  • Donald J. Luby
    Jul 31, 2003
      On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 11:11 PM, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

      > Jason Silver wrote:
      >> Greetings all
      >> I just happened to be looking for pictures of Pennsic (being I have
      >> never been and can only hope and pray I will get to go one day).. I
      >> came across a web site where they had a picture of a warrior
      >> attacking a bunch of guys..
      >> Normally this would not be a big deal, but it looks like the fellow
      >> has a Clan Yama Kaminari flag on his back and I thought it might be
      >> cool if he could be identified for the web sites information..
      > If I'm not mistaken, that looks like Koredono-sama's kabuto.

      Sadly, you are mistaken, but not by very much and with a pretty good
      The kabuto that Hachirou is wearing is (almost) the exact same design
      as my old (working) kabuto, made by the same armorer within a year of
      mine; the biggest difference (from that angle, at least) is that since
      mine was the beta model, and Hachirou's is a regular production model,
      he has a much nicer hachi (that is the term for the rounded cap on the
      top, right?) - his is bronze, and mine's just stainless steel.
      The other way to tell is he's wearing a red belt, and I was wearing a
      white one :)

      I'll be wearing my snazzy new helmet on the field this year, though
      which might reduce confusion (unless I need to lend out my older helmet
      to another household fighter who's been waiting on his kabuto to be
      delivered ...), especially with my mon in brass on the fukigaeshi.

      > Effingham

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic