Re: [sbsflags] Question..

  • John Robinson
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2012
      Thanks for the input gives me something to go on..

      Have tried to mimick what Terry did but found the end result no very good think he must have had a better software programme then me.

      So I will put airliner flags out just with logo and bizjets with logo depending on availabilty and type others not decided yet do to space constraints on the flag.

      Like Chris my personal preferance is just a logo.

      Regards,
      John

      From: John Robinson <jonwrobinson1@...>
      Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:07:41 +0000 (GMT)
      Subject: [sbsflags] Question..

      Hello all,

      Can some of you give me an idea what you expect on a flag I know Chris is now adding a logo and I do that as well when I can find one.

      But what do you want on a flag i.e registration,type,operator.. list is endless but the size is the constraint to how much you physically fit in it.

      Regards,
      John

    • Ian Gott
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1, 2012
        Chris

        I can get the aircraft into the ‘flag’ at the correct size, but what I cannot seem to grasp is how to get the logo and aircraft type into it to be able to read it clearly. I have tried by following your instruction

        ‘This can easily be done by having my side view open and one of Terry's with the logo or aircraft type and using the select and copy facility in Paint copy onto mine and save’

        However everything is far too small to do anything with. Obviously I am missing something here. Can you point me in the right direction?

        Ian

        Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:53 PM

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 1, 2012
        • 5 KB
        From my point of view, I have recently bought myself a netbook PC mainly for using when I am away from home and because it has a fairly smallish screen, I have been removing the aircraft type from the flags, but adding the airline logo/name to fill the gap as the ICAO type can be used as a column and for me, the airline is more important than the aircraft type on the flag, I will add an example that I did for a AALB738.

        Having said that, if there is room for both the airline name and the aicraft type, then great have both.

        Regards

        Steve

        Can some of you give me an idea what you expect on a flag I know Chris is now adding a logo and I do that as well when I can find one.

        But what do you want on a flag i.e registration,type,operator.. list is endless but the size is the constraint to how much you physically fit in it.

        Regards,
        John

        No virus found in this message.

      • PB
        Message 4 of 17 , Mar 1, 2012
          That's perfect Steve

          my choice as well, but everybody is different

          Paul

          On 1 March 2012 18:23, Steve Hibberd <hibby@...> wrote:

          [Attachment(s) from Steve Hibberd included below]

          From my point of view, I have recently bought myself a netbook PC mainly for using when I am away from home and because it has a fairly smallish screen, I have been removing the aircraft type from the flags, but adding the airline logo/name to fill the gap as the ICAO type can be used as a column and for me, the airline is more important than the aircraft type on the flag, I will add an example that I did for a AALB738.

          Message 5 of 17 , Mar 2, 2012
          • 5 KB
          I have gone down the lines of a small logo rather than large but big enough or distinct enough for me to be able to see what the airline is

          An example of AAL is attached

          Chris

          Message 6 of 17 , Mar 2, 2012
            If you just putting a logo on the bigger the better for me but adding other stuff ie type then they have to adjust to suit.

            Regards,
            John

            Message 7 of 17 , Mar 2, 2012

              Both of those sound good to me, also bearing in mind that on most aircraft types there is usually enough room for an airline logo at the bottom left hand side, like Terry started doing with some of his updated flags.

              Again at the end of the day as long as the airline name is nicely visible and there is room for other stuff like a logo, then lets tart the flag up and use the free space :o)

              Steve