Goleta wetland birds

  • Lethaby, Nick
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2012
      All:

      I did a quick tour of Area K/Mesa-Los Carneros/Devereux after lunch. Highlights were:

      Eared Grebe - single at Devereux
      RB Merganser - single at Devereux
      WF Ibis - 5 at NW Mesa-Los Carneros
      YH Blackbird - 15 at NW Mesa-Los Carneros

      Devereux is in really bad shape except for breeding Snowy Plovers. Area K has been pretty dead as well.

      Nick Lethaby
      Software Development Organization
      Texas Instruments
      office: +1 805 562 5106
      mobile: +1 805 284 6200
      e-mail: nlethaby@...

    • Florence Sanchez
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17, 2012
        Dear folks,

        I also noted today that Area K is pretty dead bird-wise and looks like it
        will dry up in a very few weeks.

        I had only 1 shorebird on the beaches today--a lone Whimbrel. The
        east-facing beaches have lots of tar on them--big gobs.

        Florence Sanchez

        --On Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:50 PM +0000 "Lethaby, Nick"