Re: [sawsmith] WTB - Replacement for Cracked Carriage Assembly

  • Howard Roark
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 4, 2010
      Howdy Van:

      If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.

      Let me know if you are looking for anything to trade.

      Thanks and happy holidays,

      Kurt

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 4, 2010
        At 11:13 AM 1/4/2010, Howard Roark wrote:

        >If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can
        >provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.

        That would make things MUCH easier... for me at least! What is it, my dear?!

        [Seriously, Howard, there's really no need to complete your purchase
        negotiations here within the group--better (and safer) done in private!]

        --Carl
        Medford, Oregon
      • Van Alston
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
          Having just gone out to the shop and uncovered the pile of parts, I
          cannot find about 80% of the stuff that was there when I moved to
          Honduras. There is nothing left but the column and the arm. It
          seems the guy renting the house from me cleaned some of my stuff
          out. No one here bought any parts from someone in NC between 2003
          and 2008, did they?

          I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.

          I feel like an ass.

          Van

          On Jan 4, 2010, at 2:13 PM, Howard Roark wrote:

          > Howdy Van:
          >
          > If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can
          > provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.
          >
          > Let me know if you are looking for anything to trade.
          >
          > Thanks and happy holidays,
          >
          > Kurt

        • Dan Bravin
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
            Well, since the topic has come up I thought I'd speak up about parts. I
            have a complete saw that I'm willing to part out. Feel free to contact me
            with any parts requests. I've got a complete machine with some extra
            attachments and booklets. The saw runs but something is wrong with it. It
            starts up, runs, but a cutting will bring the blade to a standstill.

            If anyone is in the Portland, OR area I'd be willing to part with the entire
            unit all at once for the right price.

            Let me know.

            Dan in Portland

          • Matthew Tritt
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
              Dan,

              How sharp is the blade, and are you cutting at the right speed setting?

              Matt

              ________________________________

              On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Van Alston <boxorice@mac. com> wrote:

              > Having just gone out to the shop and uncovered the pile of parts, I
              > cannot find about 80% of the stuff that was there when I moved to
              > Honduras. There is nothing left but the column and the arm. It
              > seems the guy renting the house from me cleaned some of my stuff
              > out. No one here bought any parts from someone in NC between 2003
              > and 2008, did they?
              >
              > I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.
              >
              > I feel like an ass.
              >
              > Van
              >

              > On Jan 4, 2010, at 2:13 PM, Howard Roark wrote:
              >
              > > Howdy Van:
              > >
              > > If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can
              > > provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.
              > >
              > > Let me know if you are looking for anything to trade.
              > >
              > > Thanks and happy holidays,
              > >
              > > Kurt

              __._,_..___
              Reply to sender | Reply to group Messages in this topic (10)
              Recent Activity: * New Members 3
              Visit Your Group Start a New Topic
              MARKETPLACE
              Going Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green living

              .

            • Matthew Tritt
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
                Bummer. Good renters ar had to find!

                I do have the part, Howard. Feel free to make an offer, off-line.

                Matt

                ________________________________
                Having just gone out to the shop and uncovered the pile of parts, I
                cannot find about 80% of the stuff that was there when I moved to
                Honduras.  There is nothing left but the column and the arm.  It
                seems the guy renting the house from me cleaned some of my stuff
                out.  No one here bought any parts from someone in NC between 2003
                and 2008, did they?

                I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.

                I feel like an ass.

                Van

                On Jan 4, 2010, at 2:13 PM, Howard Roark wrote:

                > Howdy Van:
                >
                > If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can
                > provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.
                >
                > Let me know if you are looking for anything to trade.
                >
                > Thanks and happy holidays,
                >
                > Kurt

              • Ben McKillip
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
                  What year is your saw.  I have to check mt exact year but my support colum has a slight bend to it.

                  Ben in Kansas City,

                  P.S. Ha Grampa are you still out there?