Re: [sawsmith] Re: WTB - Replacement for Cracked Carriage Assembly

  • Matthew Tritt
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 24, 2009
      Hi Kurt,

      OK - would fifty Bucks be in the ballpark, or?

      Matt

      ________________________________
      Van: That's a nice offer. Not sure what I could trade for, although I do enjoy fixing up vintage power tools (have you checked out owwm.com?). Are you looking for anything currently?

      Happy holidays,

      Kurt

      --- In sawsmith@yahoogroup s.com, "Kraymo" <hroark60@.. .> wrote:

      > Howdy:
      >
      > The aluminum motor carriage (Part #700014) is cracked on my Sawsmith, Darn it.
      >
      > Anyone have a spare available for sale? If not, will have to try welding the aluminum...
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Kurt

    • Howard Roark
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 4, 2010
        Howdy Van:

        If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.

        Let me know if you are looking for anything to trade.

        Thanks and happy holidays,

        Kurt

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 4, 2010
          At 11:13 AM 1/4/2010, Howard Roark wrote:

          >If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can
          >provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.

          That would make things MUCH easier... for me at least! What is it, my dear?!

          [Seriously, Howard, there's really no need to complete your purchase
          negotiations here within the group--better (and safer) done in private!]

          --Carl
          Medford, Oregon
        • Van Alston
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
            Having just gone out to the shop and uncovered the pile of parts, I
            cannot find about 80% of the stuff that was there when I moved to
            Honduras. There is nothing left but the column and the arm. It
            seems the guy renting the house from me cleaned some of my stuff
            out. No one here bought any parts from someone in NC between 2003
            and 2008, did they?

            I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.

            I feel like an ass.

            Van

            On Jan 4, 2010, at 2:13 PM, Howard Roark wrote:

            > Howdy Van:
            >
            > If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can
            > provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.
            >
            > Let me know if you are looking for anything to trade.
            >
            > Thanks and happy holidays,
            >
            > Kurt

          • Dan Bravin
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
              Well, since the topic has come up I thought I'd speak up about parts. I
              have a complete saw that I'm willing to part out. Feel free to contact me
              with any parts requests. I've got a complete machine with some extra
              attachments and booklets. The saw runs but something is wrong with it. It
              starts up, runs, but a cutting will bring the blade to a standstill.

              If anyone is in the Portland, OR area I'd be willing to part with the entire
              unit all at once for the right price.

              Let me know.

              Dan in Portland

            • Matthew Tritt
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
                Dan,

                How sharp is the blade, and are you cutting at the right speed setting?

                Matt

                ________________________________

                On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Van Alston <boxorice@mac. com> wrote:

                > Having just gone out to the shop and uncovered the pile of parts, I
                > cannot find about 80% of the stuff that was there when I moved to
                > Honduras. There is nothing left but the column and the arm. It
                > seems the guy renting the house from me cleaned some of my stuff
                > out. No one here bought any parts from someone in NC between 2003
                > and 2008, did they?
                >
                > I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.
                >
                > I feel like an ass.
                >
                > Van
                >

                > On Jan 4, 2010, at 2:13 PM, Howard Roark wrote:
                >
                > > Howdy Van:
                > >
                > > If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can
                > > provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.
                > >
                > > Let me know if you are looking for anything to trade.
                > >
                > > Thanks and happy holidays,
                > >
                > > Kurt

                __._,_..___
                Reply to sender | Reply to group Messages in this topic (10)
                Recent Activity: * New Members 3
                Visit Your Group Start a New Topic
                MARKETPLACE
                Going Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green living

                .

              • Matthew Tritt
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
                  Bummer. Good renters ar had to find!

                  I do have the part, Howard. Feel free to make an offer, off-line.

                  Matt

                  ________________________________
                  Having just gone out to the shop and uncovered the pile of parts, I
                  cannot find about 80% of the stuff that was there when I moved to
                  Honduras.  There is nothing left but the column and the arm.  It
                  seems the guy renting the house from me cleaned some of my stuff
                  out.  No one here bought any parts from someone in NC between 2003
                  and 2008, did they?

                  I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.

                  I feel like an ass.

                  Van

                  On Jan 4, 2010, at 2:13 PM, Howard Roark wrote:

                  > Howdy Van:
                  >
                  > If that offer is still good, would like to take you up on it. I can
                  > provide a Fedex account number if that makes things easier.
                  >
                  > Let me know if you are looking for anything to trade.
                  >
                  > Thanks and happy holidays,
                  >
                  > Kurt

                • Ben McKillip
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
                    What year is your saw.  I have to check mt exact year but my support colum has a slight bend to it.

                    Ben in Kansas City,

                    P.S. Ha Grampa are you still out there?