New Sawsmith owner

  • Al Askevold
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17, 2009
      Hello from SW Missouri,

      I was given a sawsmith from the family of a late friend. I think my
      friend bought it new and used it for hobby work so it's in very good
      condition. I have been cleaning it and ready to set it up for use,
      might need some advice. Sending this email to see if this group is active.

      Regards
      Al Askevold
      the Ozarks, Mo.
    • Jeff Price
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 18, 2009
        It's not very active. There are folks that are happy to answer
        questions, the questions just come in sporadically. It is a great
        resource for manuals and documentation.

        welcome
        -jeff

        On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 17:13 -0500, Al Askevold wrote:

        > Hello from SW Missouri,
        >
        > I was given a sawsmith from the family of a late friend. I think my
        > friend bought it new and used it for hobby work so it's in very good
        > condition. I have been cleaning it and ready to set it up for use,
        > might need some advice. Sending this email to see if this group is
        > active.
        >
        > Regards
        > Al Askevold
        > the Ozarks, Mo.

      • fnguros
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 18, 2009
          The members are very helpful. If you have a problem or question there is
          usually someone that will help.

          Frank

          --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Price <jeff@...> wrote:

          > It's not very active. There are folks that are happy to answer
          > questions, the questions just come in sporadically. It is a great
          > resource for manuals and documentation.
          >
          > welcome
          > -jeff
          >
          > On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 17:13 -0500, Al Askevold wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello from SW Missouri,
          > >
          > > I was given a sawsmith from the family of a late friend. I think my
          > > friend bought it new and used it for hobby work so it's in very good
          > > condition. I have been cleaning it and ready to set it up for use,
          > > might need some advice. Sending this email to see if this group is
          > > active.
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Al Askevold
          > > the Ozarks, Mo.

        • Al Askevold
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 18, 2009
            It's good to see the Sawsmith group is active, thanks for the replies
            onlist and off. I will have some questions and will post them with a
            subject that will fit the archives.

            The saw my late friends family gave me is a Magna 700000. It's in good
            condition as far as I can tell, Jake took good care of it. I have some
            of the 1 1/4" Magna saw blades with two arbors including the 8" Magna
            dado that looks to have never been used or very few times. When the son
            visits again I will see if more accessories might be found. Yesterday
            UPS delivered a 10" carbide cross-cut blade from Shopsmith, a few test
            cuts worked well.

            Al

          • Banner David
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 18, 2009
              Not super active but if you go to the "folders" you'll find the original Sawsmith manuals in pdf format.

              Let me once again say to the group I can't thank the folks who set up the pdf's enough for the help it gave me when I resurrected my dad's sawsmith!

              I've seen in the past here folks in desperate need of arbors for the sawsmith--I'm also in possession of a shopsmith mk5 and the arbor IS the same size and would at least work on the RIGHT hand side of the Sawsmiths headstock.

              ________________________________
              The members are very helpful. If you have a problem or question there is
              usually someone that will help.

              Frank

              --- In sawsmith@yahoogroup s.com, Jeff Price <jeff@...> wrote:

              > It's not very active. There are folks that are happy to answer
              > questions, the questions just come in sporadically. It is a great
              > resource for manuals and documentation.
              >
              > welcome
              > -jeff
              >
              > On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 17:13 -0500, Al Askevold wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello from SW Missouri,
              > >
              > > I was given a sawsmith from the family of a late friend. I think my
              > > friend bought it new and used it for hobby work so it's in very good
              > > condition. I have been cleaning it and ready to set it up for use,
              > > might need some advice. Sending this email to see if this group is
              > > active.
              > >
              > > Regards
              > > Al Askevold
              > > the Ozarks, Mo.

            • Daniel
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2010
                Just picked up a really nice sawsmith today and could use a few parts. The grey unit looks like new but is missing the attachment bracket, lower cabnet and the decal that goes on the cover on the right side. Anybody know were I can get these? Really looking forward to giving it a try.. thank Dan