Re: Magna Owners Manual

  • towntiger57
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23 12:25 PM
      --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, grandpadon47@... wrote:

      > Steve: If you look in the files of the sawsmith site there is a copy of the manual for you to print off. Also other helpful information. Hope this helps grandpadon in Missouri

      Thanks I found it. If anyone is selling parts I could use the pulleys that drive the belt and the plastic covers on the left and right side. Pulleys that stick out the bottom of saw where damaged by someone cutting a piece of bluestone with a diamond blade. Also might be nice to have a spare belt. Does ShopSmith have the belt? My model is 500003 and serial #724213.
      Thanks, Steve

    • grandpadon47@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 7 , May 23 8:34 PM
        I had to hunt thru the messages all the way back to message #31 to find the belt number. I bought mine back in 2004 part number 503257 and according to my message shopsmith site will tell you if it is in stock or not. Hope this helps you. grandpadon in Missouri

      • ONeillPaint@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 24 3:19 AM
          Thanks for the info.
          Steve

          --- On Sat, 5/23/09, towntiger57 <_ONeillPaint@ONeillP_

          From: towntiger57 <_ONeillPaint@ONeillP_ (mailto:ONeillPaint@...) >
          To: _sawsmith@yahoogroupsawsm_ (mailto:sawsmith@yahoogroups.com)
          Date: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 7:25 PM

          --- In sawsmith@yahoogroup s.com, grandpadon47@ ... wrote:

          > Steve: If you look in the files of the sawsmith site there is a copy of
          the manual for you to print off. Also other helpful information. Hope this
          helps grandpadon in Missouri

          Steps!
          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322948x1201367184/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May
          ExcfooterNO62)

        • ROBERT G. BUSSEY
          Message 4 of 7 , May 27 8:39 AM
            Good morning California time.
            I purchased a 503257 belt from Shopsmith. Having some issues trying to install it. Does the top pulley with the spring on it need to be expanded before the can be installed? The lower pulley is much wider and the belt will fit into it. The top pulley will allow the belt to fit only about one quarter of the way into it. The 2 screw have been removed which allow the motor to tilt towards the lower pulley. Any help or trick?

            Thanks

            Bob Sacramento, CA

          • donrieg@juno.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 27 10:21 AM
              The belt will move in or out on the spring loaded pulley as the speed control is adjusted. That is what provides variable speed.

              Good Luck,
              Don Rieg