Saw Table

  • Ralph Sherer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2009
      Lately, I notice some comments about table tops. For your information, this is what I have done with my table.

      To keep my table top in its original condition, I tack 1/4 inch plywood on top of my table with brads. I place these brads that normally not touch by the saw blade. You should use good quality plywood so that it will hold up to the various cuts made. When needed, it can be replace easily and not at a cost of replacing the entire table top. My table size is 18 x 36 x 1.

      By the way, I have the original stand that came with the Sawsmith as an optional accessory, item number 505634. One of the cams for the wheels broke in half. Does anyone have a suggestion as to replacing or repairing this cam? I believe this cam has been made from a casing. I have thought of making a new one someday.

      I am the original owner of my Sawsmith, Model 500003, Serial 725346 by Magna American Corporation.

      Ralph