Parts

  • djwatts40
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 2009
      I need some Saw Smith (mine is 2 words) parts. Either or both arbor
      nuts, casting for the handle - complete with the angle scale or just
      the scale if I could get so lucky.

      Also a tip - The guy wires on many utility poles use turnbuckles or
      anchorage eye bolts that are galvanized and they use oversize threads
      on the adjusting and locking nuts. I haven't been lucky enough to
      find a left hand thread nut off a turnbuckle, but have several right
      hand thread ones and they work fine on the right hand arbor. Check a
      salvage yard or abandoned power lines. Most of the hardware is 5/8,
      but I have found some 3/4. I have had my unit for over 25 years and
      never had any original arbor nuts so I have used these nuts without
      problems for a long time.

      Another tidbit I only learned recently is that blades with a negative
      hook work better on radial arm and compound miter saws because they
      have less tendency to self feed. (Jerking the board out of your hand
      and sending it flying) They are easy to find and cut as well as any I
      have used. This is probably old news to some, but may be a valuable
      tip to others.
    • Edward Kauf
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 6, 2009
        I believe I have the parts that you are looking for. I had to buy a
        second saw in order to get a Left hand nut. I kept some of the parts
        as well as the entire motor portion. Email me at " Zygek@..."
        Ed
      • djwatts40
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2009
          --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Kauf" <zygek@...> wrote:

          > I believe I have the parts that you are looking for. I had to buy a
          > second saw in order to get a Left hand nut. I kept some of the parts
          > as well as the entire motor portion. Email me at " Zygek@..."
          > Ed

          I tried to respond, but got no reply so am trying again. I didn't get
          your e-mail address so am trying a reply through yahoo. I am trying
          to get a price for the parts I asked you about earlier. If you get
          this please respond to djwatts9@.... Thanks!
        • positronium8
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 19 6:06 AM
            Anyone need any parts? I bought an extra saw a few years ago for spare parts, but haven't needed any. So, I'm parting it out. There's no table, just the saw and its associated parts. It's missing the arbor nuts, coiled electrical cord and the key. Most everything else is there. Let me know what you need and I'll come up with a reasonable price.

            Thanks....Dan
          • oakmann42
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 19 8:41 AM
              Hi Dan,

              Thanks for offering Sawsmith Parts...their a little on the rare side!
              Please give me prices on the following:
              (1) Cover plate #503166 and cover clips #503167 (located at rear of
              arm)
              (2) Glide Rails #503088 (two of them)
              (3) Crank Assembly - Handle #503157
              (4) Bevel Gears #503153 (two of them)

              Best Regards,
              John Oakley

            • wlhayes@cox.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 19 9:48 AM
                Dan lost your email again with computer crash. Can you email me off site since I have three Daughters in Denver I am interested
                Thnaks
                --
                Bill Hayes
                Broken Arrow OK.

                ---- oakmann42 <oakleyjohn42@...> wrote:
                > Hi Dan,
                >
                > Thanks for offering Sawsmith Parts...their a little on the rare side!
                > Please give me prices on the following:
                > (1) Cover plate #503166 and cover clips #503167 (located at rear of
                > arm)
                > (2) Glide Rails #503088 (two of them)
                > (3) Crank Assembly - Handle #503157
                > (4) Bevel Gears #503153 (two of them)
                >
                > Best Regards,
                > John Oakley
                >

                > --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "positronium8" <anebae@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Anyone need any parts? I bought an extra saw a few years ago for
                > spare parts, but haven't needed any. So, I'm parting it out. There's no
                > table, just the saw and its associated parts. It's missing the arbor
                > nuts, coiled electrical cord and the key. Most everything else is there.
                > Let me know what you need and I'll come up with a reasonable price.
                > >
                > > Thanks....Dan

              • don liechty
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 19 12:27 PM
                  --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "positronium8" <anebae@...> wrote:

                  > Anyone need any parts? I bought an extra saw a few years ago for spare parts, but haven't needed any. So, I'm parting it out. There's no table, just the saw and its associated parts. It's missing the arbor nuts, coiled electrical cord and the key. Most everything else is there. Let me know what you need and I'll come up with a reasonable price.
                  >
                  > Thanks....Dan

                  I need cover assembly L.H. color grey P/N 503322
                  Where are you located???

                  Don Liechty
                • don liechty
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 19 3:08 PM
                    I tried posting earlier but do not see the message. I need a cover assembly L.H. grey P/N 503322.

                    --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "positronium8" <anebae@...> wrote:

                    > Anyone need any parts? I bought an extra saw a few years ago for spare parts, but haven't needed any. So, I'm parting it out. There's no table, just the saw and its associated parts. It's missing the arbor nuts, coiled electrical cord and the key. Most everything else is there. Let me know what you need and I'll come up with a reasonable price.
                    >
                    > Thanks....Dan

                  • davidmarathonman
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 22, 2009
                      --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "positronium8" <anebae@...> wrote:

                      > Anyone need any parts? I bought an extra saw a few years ago for spare parts, but haven't needed any. So, I'm parting it out. There's no table, just the saw and its associated parts. It's missing the arbor nuts, coiled electrical cord and the key. Most everything else is there. Let me know what you need and I'll come up with a reasonable price.
                      >
                      > Thanks....Dan
                      > Hi Dan

                      I`m looking for the v belt It should be about 14 inches long and 5/8 of a inch wide. Mine has Yuba 4747-2 stamped on it. Can you help?

                      Thanks Dave
                    • grandpadon47@sbcglobal.net
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 23, 2009
                        Dave: The drive belt for the Sawsmith can be purcharsed from shopsmith. If you look thru the messages the part number is in there. Hope this helps grandpadon in Missouri