Accessories for a Yuba saw smith

  • chrisjt113
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008
      I just picked up this saw yesterday for 30.00 and didn't have any
      ideal that it was able to do so much stuff! I thought I was just
      getting a ras. Anyway I would like to get some of the accessories for
      it i.e. drum sander, drill chuck, datto blade. Does anyone know where
      I could get these from?
    • grandpadon47@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2008
        I keep a look out on e-bay, craigslist.org, and sales but have not found any thing as of yet. grandpadon47 in missouri

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2008
          Wow, what a deal! Yes, the SawSmith it's quite an amazing tool.

          As for accessories keep in mind that it is at it's heart a ShopSmith
          tool, so all the the accessories made for the ShopSmith Mark V will fit.
          However not all are a good idea. You're safe with the drum sander and
          drill chuck, but dado blade sets can be a scary thing on any RAS. I
          don't stack beyond 3/8" in sold wood with mine because it just wants to
          grab and run at me, and that's with a much better set than what you can
          buy from ShopSmith.

          Review the information in the owners manual for everything you need to
          know, but temper the information with some common sense. Yuba and Magna
          were trying (like Sears with their Craftsman RAS) to sell the DIY'ers of
          the world on the RAS as an all-encompassing multi-purpose tool, but
          while it was unbeatable as a crosscutting and mitering tool, doing
          things like ripping sheet goods as shown in the manual is crazy talk!

          Enjoy your new saw! Scott

          http://shopsmith-tool-hunter.blogspot.com

          --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "chrisjt113" <chrisjt113@...> wrote:

          > I just picked up this saw yesterday for 30.00 and didn't have any
          > ideal that it was able to do so much stuff! I thought I was just
          > getting a ras. Anyway I would like to get some of the accessories for
          > it i.e. drum sander, drill chuck, datto blade. Does anyone know where
          > I could get these from?

        • Ralph Sherer
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 26 2:10 PM
            --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "chrisjt113" <chrisjt113@...> wrote:

            > I just picked up this saw yesterday for 30.00 and didn't have any
            > ideal that it was able to do so much stuff! I thought I was just
            > getting a ras. Anyway I would like to get some of the accessories for
            > it i.e. drum sander, drill chuck, datto blade. Does anyone know where
            > I could get these from?

            Try www.shopsmith.com. I have order accessories and accessories parts
            on line.