Re: [sawsmith] Motor sawsmith RAS

  • Carl Finch
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
      At 08:04 AM 3/9/2008, Donald Smith wrote:

      >I wonder if shopsmith could help any on that. I think they are still
      >in Dayton, Ohio
      >
      >don liechty
      ><<mailto:3ddesign%40sbcglobal.net>3ddesign@...> wrote: I
      >have smoked my motor and can't find shop to fix it. Are there any
      >old motors that run out there? One gue in CA said send it to them and
      >they will evaluate? it. I live in cleveland ohio.

      It's hard for me to believe that in a huge metropolitan area like
      Cleveland that there are no electric motor repair shops! Even here,
      in rural Medford, there is one. Rebuilding a motor (worst
      case--rewinding the coils) may be expensive, but there's gotta be
      someone nearby who'll do it without sending it to California!

      <Good grief, can Cleveland really be that depressed?!>

      --Carl
      in Medford, Oregon
    • Todd Honhart
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
        --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "don liechty" <3ddesign@...> wrote:

        > I have smoked my motor and can't find shop to fix it. Are there any
        > old motors that run out there? One gue in CA said send it to them and
        > they will evaluate? it. I live in cleveland ohio.
        >
        > don liechty

        I have a spare motor, I would take $70 for the motor plus shipping
        which would be around $25 from Warren PA to Cleveland. The motor is
        actually pictured in the photo section somewhere from when I parted out
        a lot of the saw a year or so ago. You can send me a private message
        and talk about it, I do travel to the OH area at times. That would
        eliminate the shipping.
      • herenthere84
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 2008
          There is an electric repair facility here in Cincinnati OH.

          The original owner I bought my SawSmith from last summer said he had
          the motor rebuilt by Matlock Electric Company.

          I think he said for the total rebuild of the motor it was almost $200
          but I am not for sure of the specifics.

          I do not know if you are interested in spending that much cash but it
          would give you a 'NEW' SawSmith!

          Here is the weblick if you are interested:
          http://www.matlockelectric.com/repair.htm