Re: [sawsmith] Motor sawsmith RAS

  • Donald Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9 8:04 AM
      I wonder if shopsmith could help any on that. I think they are still in Dayton, Ohio

      don liechty <3ddesign@...> wrote: I have smoked my motor and can't find shop to fix it. Are there any
      old motors that run out there? One gue in CA said send it to them and
      they will evaluate? it. I live in cleveland ohio.

      don liechty

    • Carl Finch
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9 10:07 AM
        At 08:04 AM 3/9/2008, Donald Smith wrote:

        >I wonder if shopsmith could help any on that. I think they are still
        >in Dayton, Ohio
        >
        >don liechty
        ><<mailto:3ddesign%40sbcglobal.net>3ddesign@...> wrote: I
        >have smoked my motor and can't find shop to fix it. Are there any
        >old motors that run out there? One gue in CA said send it to them and
        >they will evaluate? it. I live in cleveland ohio.

        It's hard for me to believe that in a huge metropolitan area like
        Cleveland that there are no electric motor repair shops! Even here,
        in rural Medford, there is one. Rebuilding a motor (worst
        case--rewinding the coils) may be expensive, but there's gotta be
        someone nearby who'll do it without sending it to California!

        <Good grief, can Cleveland really be that depressed?!>

        --Carl
        in Medford, Oregon
      • Todd Honhart
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10 5:39 PM
          --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "don liechty" <3ddesign@...> wrote:

          > I have smoked my motor and can't find shop to fix it. Are there any
          > old motors that run out there? One gue in CA said send it to them and
          > they will evaluate? it. I live in cleveland ohio.
          >
          > don liechty

          I have a spare motor, I would take $70 for the motor plus shipping
          which would be around $25 from Warren PA to Cleveland. The motor is
          actually pictured in the photo section somewhere from when I parted out
          a lot of the saw a year or so ago. You can send me a private message
          and talk about it, I do travel to the OH area at times. That would
          eliminate the shipping.
        • herenthere84
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 14 3:15 PM
            There is an electric repair facility here in Cincinnati OH.

            The original owner I bought my SawSmith from last summer said he had
            the motor rebuilt by Matlock Electric Company.

            I think he said for the total rebuild of the motor it was almost $200
            but I am not for sure of the specifics.

            I do not know if you are interested in spending that much cash but it
            would give you a 'NEW' SawSmith!

            Here is the weblick if you are interested:
            http://www.matlockelectric.com/repair.htm