Re: [sawsmith] spindle nut

  • Donald Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
      Has anyone took the drawing of the nut off the Sawsmith site and tried to see how much it cost to make one? Or has anyone tried the bigger nut from delta with the left handed thread? I know the Delta left handed nut fit my Gold machine after I cleaned the rust off it. The issue I had with it tho is it is so small. grandpadon47 in Missouri

      fnguros <fnguros@...> wrote: I need a r.h. spindle nut. Called many nut mfgrs. to no availe. Never
      loan your saw when you are away.

      Frank Guros

    • Frank Guros
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
        No, I have not been able to find any dwg. on parts for
        the ss but I have a machinest to make it if we have
        the info.

        Frank
        --- Donald Smith <grandpadon47@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone took the drawing of the nut off the
        > Sawsmith site and tried to see how much it cost to
        > make one? Or has anyone tried the bigger nut from
        > delta with the left handed thread? I know the Delta
        > left handed nut fit my Gold machine after I cleaned
        > the rust off it. The issue I had with it tho is it
        > is so small. grandpadon47 in Missouri
        >
        > fnguros <fnguros@...> wrote: I need a
        > r.h. spindle nut. Called many nut mfgrs. to no
        > availe. Never
        > loan your saw when you are away.
        >
        > Frank Guros

        > removed]

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • donrieg@juno.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
          Hi Frank,

          I think Don Smith is referring to the drawing for a LH spindle nut which is available in the files on the SS site. The RH nut is identical except for the LH/RH thing. A lot of us would appreciate hearing some feed back if your machinist can make something up.

          Don Rieg
        • fnguros
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2007
            -I could not find the dwg for the spindle nut but cust. svc. is sending
            me the specs on it. We'll see how it goes.
            Frank

            -- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "donrieg@..." <donrieg@...> wrote:

            > Hi Frank,
            >
            > I think Don Smith is referring to the drawing for a LH spindle nut
            which is available in the files on the SS site. The RH nut is
            identical except for the LH/RH thing. A lot of us would appreciate
            hearing some feed back if your machinist can make something up.

            > Don Rieg

          • fnguros
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 12, 2007
              Th machinest,made a r.h. spindle nut for me, custom made for $25.00. I
              feel it was worth it. Anyhow, if there is anyone desparitly in need of
              a spindle nut in either direction, call me at 914 548 3068 for my
              address. The cost will be the same + shipping. Please let me know by
              Dec.16 because we're going South and will not be home for a long time.
              After that date I will check with the machinist if he will take the
              orderz directly.

              Frank