Just Acquired

  • john.mccrossen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2007
      I just picked up a Sawsmith RAS (tan & gold color) for $10.00. After
      getting it home, I started checking it out. Needs a lot of work, but
      motor, arbor, top arm, and up/down adjustment all seems to work. No
      table with it or any paper work. Vari-speed sheave and speed changer
      needs help, but fixable I think. This looks like a fun project to
      get to a usable state and if not, I'm not out much. Questions: Can
      anyone tell by S/N when it was mfg? Anyone in Seattle/Puget Sound
      area in users group? Any resources for parts? I am just getting
      started in reviewing info on this website. Maybe I will find the
      answere. Any advice on restoring would be appreciated. Thanks,
      John McCrossen
    • Wayne Underwood
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2007
        At one time, I believe the Sawsmith website had a page
        that listed sn/year built.

        Wayne
        Birmingham AL

        --- "john.mccrossen" <john.mccrossen@...> wrote:

        > I just picked up a Sawsmith RAS (tan & gold color)
        > for $10.00. After
        > getting it home, I started checking it out. Needs
        > a lot of work, but
        > motor, arbor, top arm, and up/down adjustment all
        > seems to work. No
        > table with it or any paper work. Vari-speed sheave
        > and speed changer
        > needs help, but fixable I think. This looks like a
        > fun project to
        > get to a usable state and if not, I'm not out much.
        > Questions: Can
        > anyone tell by S/N when it was mfg? Anyone in
        > Seattle/Puget Sound
        > area in users group? Any resources for parts? I
        > am just getting
        > started in reviewing info on this website. Maybe I
        > will find the
        > answere. Any advice on restoring would be
        > appreciated. Thanks,
        > John McCrossen
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Make Yahoo! your homepage.
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Donald Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25, 2007
          Here is Shopsmiths link to the serial numbers: http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/faq/radialarmsaw.htm grandpadon 47 Independence, Mo.

          Wayne Underwood <ssgrock303@...> wrote: At one time, I believe the Sawsmith website had a page
          that listed sn/year built.

          Wayne
          Birmingham AL

          --- "john.mccrossen" <john.mccrossen@...> wrote:

          > I just picked up a Sawsmith RAS (tan & gold color)
          > for $10.00. After
          > getting it home, I started checking it out. Needs
          > a lot of work, but
          > motor, arbor, top arm, and up/down adjustment all
          > seems to work. No
          > table with it or any paper work. Vari-speed sheave
          > and speed changer
          > needs help, but fixable I think. This looks like a
          > fun project to
          > get to a usable state and if not, I'm not out much.
          > Questions: Can
          > anyone tell by S/N when it was mfg? Anyone in
          > Seattle/Puget Sound
          > area in users group? Any resources for parts? I
          > am just getting
          > started in reviewing info on this website. Maybe I
          > will find the
          > answere. Any advice on restoring would be
          > appreciated. Thanks,
          > John McCrossen
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Make Yahoo! your homepage.