Re: [sawsmith] Re: value?

  • Bryan McLain
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
      you right on the keep it! I have become very fond of the saw lately. especially
      that the yuba radial arm saw turns so smoothly to angles.

      herenthere84 <bncbuchanan@...> wrote: Hello,

      A couple of months ago I bought a SawSmith and it is great! The
      gentleman I bought it from had just had the motor completely re-wound
      about two years ago.

      Mr. Jacob is a definite Shopsmith expert so I cannot add much to his
      comment.

      I will state that I noticed your e-mail is 'handymanmclain.'

      With that in view it is amazing how we thought the radial arm saw died
      and was replaced by the 'Motorized Miter box.' However could we be
      seeing little by little, slow rebirth of the radial arm saw? With the
      new 'Sliding Motorized Miter' that is now the craze of carpenters and
      thick wallet DIY people? (DeWalt offers one for almost $500.)

      Keep your SawSmith and be happy with the rest of us. You will not
      regret it!

      Thanks!
      Bob

      --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, Bryan McLain <handymanmclain@...> wrote:

      > thanks jake for the info..I believe I will keep the tools.
      >
      > Jacob <jacobvb@...> wrote: I would
      estimate $100 to $150 for the Sawsmith, $150 maybe for the