Re: [sawsmith] Blades for sawsmith

  • dfrieg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hey Router,

      The SS shaft takes Left and Right hand, 5/8 in., Acme thread nuts. A year
      or so someone posted a spec drawing for the nuts on the SS web site. You may
      want to browse for it. Way back when my saw was new I started using 5/8 bore
      standard blades because of the wider choices available and never looked back.

      Good luck,
      Don Rieg

    • Matt Callan
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
        Donald
        Thanks for your help, I will see if I can find that No. within all the questions.

        Thanks,
        Router

        Donald Smith <grandpadon47@...> wrote:
        Some where in all the questions i gave a phone number to get the left handed nut, They also told me they had one that was bigger and had a washer attached to it. if i remember right it was 40.00 for the bigger one. i bought the cheaper nut and it seems to work ok.
        After buying the gray Sawsmith RAS i gave my gold one to my son so he could remodel his house. Hope this helps you. grandpadon47 in Missouri

        Matt Callan <a56nomad@...> wrote:
        I have the Yuba sawsmith Radial Arm with the large hole for the blade.
        Was wondering how many of you users have switched over to using the
        blades with the standard 5/8" hole? However, the allen wrench makes it
        very easy to change the larger blades. But, there are times that I
        would like to use a dado blade but have no way to attach it to the
        shaft. Looks like the shaft takes a left handed thread nut, or would I
        use large washers with double nuts with locking washers.
        So, this is why I am asking, to get answers from people who have used
        methods with success.

        Thanks,
        Router