Re: [sawsmith] Blade and sliding track for saw

  • Matt Callan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007
      Bill
      Yes, I did that with the rods when I received it from my Dad. Still felt the same way when traveled. I believe that Carol Fitch has the right idea, it is the coiled cable under the arm. That broke shortly after I started using it. I need another one. Thanks for your input.

      Router

      Bill Leslie <toodie@...> wrote:
      Over the years of use, the rods on the arm of my saw were showing visible wear, and I became concerned about the accuracy of the depth of cut. After carefully investigation the way the rods are installed, I believed them to be held in place by a "roll pin" at each end, and solved the problem by gently prying the rods off and reversing them, worn side toward the arm, adn re-inserting the roll pins. Hope this helps - I'm pretty confident my kids will still be using my saw when I'm long gone.