Re: [SSusers] arbor nut

  • JacobVB@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2004
      In a message dated 5/6/2004 9:51:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      rleather2001@... writes:
      Hi I am looking for a sorce for a arbor nut for a sawsmith radial arm
      saw. I am told it is 5/8 left hand acme thread. Anybody have a good
      place to try. THANKS in advace.
      Hi - While we don't have any source identified yet, I can tell you it is not
      acme. It is about a 12 thread per inch pitch. On our Sawsmith group (see URL
      below), we currently are looking into a machinist friend of a member trying to
      replicate LH and RH arbor nuts for us. Please join up and you will know if
      this works out. Plus share tips, repair info, etc.

      Jacob

      SS 520 w/ jointer, bandsaw, pro planer, scrollsaw, strip sander, belt sander,
      power station, DC3300, Sawsmith RAS, ++

      Sawsmith aficionados check out our free Yahoo web group:

      Tidewater Virginia area Shopsmith owners check out our free Yahoo web group: