V belt

  • tvlgman
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2006
      Does anyone know where I can locate a v belt for my Sawsmith?
    • Jacob
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
        Shopsmith still sells them.
        --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "tvlgman" <tvlgman@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know where I can locate a v belt for my Sawsmith?

      • Van Alston
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
          Jacob,

          I will be coming back from Washington, DC on Monday December 18th.
          Our game plan is to visit Virginia Beach and stay that Monday night.
          Would it be possible to pick up the saw on Tuesday morning or if that
          doesn't work, late Monday afternoon?

          Thanks,

          Van Alston
        • Donald Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
            The belt number is 503257 at www.shopsmith.com and the price is 14.06 plus shipping

            Jacob <jacobvb@...> wrote: Shopsmith still sells them.
            --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "tvlgman" <tvlgman@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone know where I can locate a v belt for my Sawsmith?

          • Bruce G.
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
              If you look in the Database (on left side of your screen) there is a
              list of belt suppliers and substitutes. It is a standard 3L14 belt
              and you can find it for about half the Shopsmith price. It is fairly
              easy to find.

              Also consider a link-style belt. It will probably make your saw run
              smoother for the same price as the belt from Shopsmith.

              Members can add parts info to the database whenever they find a
              supplier or substitute. That will make it easier for us to keep these
              things running.

              Bruce

              --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, Donald Smith <grandpadon47@...>

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
                Thanks to everyone who answered. I ordered one from Shopsmith today
                and hope to be up and running again soon.

              • jacobvb@cox.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
                  Hi Van - that sounds fine. I don't go anywhere typically until after noon. Tuesdays are my shipping day so that keeps me home until it is all finished. I'll put you on the calendar to remind me. My cell # is 757-201-4815 in case you need to call. Looking forward to meeting you! Jacob