Saw on ebay

  • Alejandros Daddy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&item=170006791891&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

      I wanted to get it so I would have one in my house in the states, but the guy won't hold it for
      me until I get back from Honduras in December. He is in New Jersey.

      Good Luck.

      Van
    • Jacob
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
        I was going to let people know about this one. It is a Gray Sawsmith.
        Is it original paint or repainted? Looks very nice. My machine is
        brown & gold and I know others reported the same. Anyone have a gray
        one? Did they ever produce them that color? I had considered
        repainting mine gray to match the rest of the SS equipment I have and
        I must admit this machine looks sharp painted gray.

        Jacob
      • Van Alston
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
          I have a gray one and also my father's old brown and gold one that I
          have stored for parts. My gray one is a Magna and the B&G is Yuba.

          On Jul 12, 2006, at 12:50 PM, Jacob wrote:

          > I was going to let people know about this one. It is a Gray Sawsmith.
          > Is it original paint or repainted? Looks very nice. My machine is
          > brown & gold and I know others reported the same. Anyone have a gray
          > one? Did they ever produce them that color? I had considered
          > repainting mine gray to match the rest of the SS equipment I have and
          > I must admit this machine looks sharp painted gray.
          >
          > Jacob

        • Don Rieg
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
            Hi Jacob

            I believe that saw is one of the later models some of which must have
            been gray. I had to order a new plastic shield for the in and out
            control lever way back when and Yuba sent me a gray one. Anyway, that
            looks like one nice saw.

            Don
          • Bill Leslie
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
              My Magna Sawsmith is grey - until I started watching the mail to and from the users' group, I was unaware they were made any other color. I bought mine new, and I'm sure it was factory fresh when I got it. I gather the Yuba Sawsmith was the tan or brown model.

            • Carl Finch
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
                At 06:00 PM 7/12/2006, Bill Leslie wrote:

                >My Magna Sawsmith is grey - until I started watching the mail to and from
                >the users' group, I was unaware they were made any other color. I bought
                >mine new, and I'm sure it was factory fresh when I got it. I gather the
                >Yuba Sawsmith was the tan or brown model.

                Naah! I bought mine new, too--about 40 years ago. It's a Magna-American
                and it's gold (I think it's called a "hammer-tone" finish). The blade
                guard and base are brown.

                As Pappy Yokum said, "Amoosin' but confoosin'" :-)

                --Carl