Re: Have specs for arbor nuts

  • Bruce G.
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2006
      I have that drawing, too. It was included with the instructions and
      parts list I purchased from Sawsmith. I'll take the drawing to work,
      scan it and send it out. I'll post it on the site as well.

      I have the nut but it would be great if someone could make up a batch
      because this kind of small part is easy to lose.

      It probably costs the same to make one as it costs to make 100 or
      more. I wonder if Sawsmith or Battels or somebody would pay for the
      ones that we don't immediately buy. Does anyone have a friend who is
      a machinist?

      Bruce G.

      --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "jk_whitaker" <jkwhitaker@...> wrote:

      > I have the engineering drawing for the left hand nut. It is an odd
      > thread:
      >
      > 21/32-11 NS-2B LH
      >
      > Pitch - .0909
      > Maj dia basic - .627/.637
      > Pitch dia - .5972/.6044
      > Minor dia - .562 +/- .005
      > Stock material 1 1/8 hex
      >
      > If someone could tell me how to turn a document into a PDF, I'll
      post
      > the original drawing.

    • Jim Pasculle
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2006
        No but I work in a machine shop and could possible have the tool room make some.

        Jim
        I have that drawing, too. It was included with the instructions and
        parts list I purchased from Sawsmith. I'll take the drawing to work,
        scan it and send it out. I'll post it on the site as well.

        I have the nut but it would be great if someone could make up a batch
        because this kind of small part is easy to lose.

        It probably costs the same to make one as it costs to make 100 or
        more. I wonder if Sawsmith or Battels or somebody would pay for the
        ones that we don't immediately buy. Does anyone have a friend who is
        a machinist?

        Bruce G.

        --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "jk_whitaker" <jkwhitaker@...> wrote:

        > I have the engineering drawing for the left hand nut. It is an odd
        > thread:
        >
        > 21/32-11 NS-2B LH
        >
        > Pitch - .0909
        > Maj dia basic - .627/.637
        > Pitch dia - .5972/.6044
        > Minor dia - .562 +/- .005
        > Stock material 1 1/8 hex
        >
        > If someone could tell me how to turn a document into a PDF, I'll
        post
        > the original drawing.

      • Bruce G.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2006
          The pdf of the schematic for the left hand arbor nut is posted in
          Files.

          I hope someone will be able to manufacture some of these.