Serial Numbers?

  • bigdontoo
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
      Somewhere among Shopsmith or Sawsmith web sites I saw a table giving
      date of manufacture vs. serial number. Now I can no longer find where
      it was. Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Don Rieg
    • Donald Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
        http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/faq/radialarmsaw.htm Don try that. grandpadon47

        bigdontoo <dfrieg@...> wrote: Somewhere among Shopsmith or Sawsmith web sites I saw a table giving
        date of manufacture vs. serial number. Now I can no longer find where
        it was. Any ideas?

        Thanks,
        Don Rieg

        Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Yuba Fun

      • Ben McKillip
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
          If you Google shopsmith, you can find out the history of the saw. In the Bio there is a list of the serial numbers and there aprox. dates of production. If you can not find it I will find the web site. Let me know.

          Ben M.

          Donald Smith <grandpadon47@...> wrote:
          http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/faq/radialarmsaw.htm Don try that. grandpadon47

          bigdontoo <dfrieg@...> wrote: Somewhere among Shopsmith or Sawsmith web sites I saw a table giving
          date of manufacture vs. serial number. Now I can no longer find where
          it was. Any ideas?

          Thanks,
          Don Rieg

          Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Yuba Fun

          Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Yuba Fun

        • Bill Leslie
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
            number listing against the number on my saw, and the only conclusion I can
            reach is that the listing is incomplete. The serial number on my saw is
            724460, and the numbers on the list don't go that high. That kinda tracks
            with what I thought I remembered - I believed that I bought the saw around
            1965- but it's been a long time!