Cord Replacement

  • georray
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2006
      While trying to replace the coiled power cord, I inadvertantly
      disconnected 2 leads within the motor box. I believe right but can't
      bring myself to turn on the power in case I am wrong. Can anyone
      supply a wiring diagram, showing the connections? There are 6 of them.
      The service bulletin only shows how to replace the cord.
    • Bruce Glover
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2006
        Geo,

        I don't have a wiring diagram but in the next couple of days (next time I
        get off work at a reasonable time) I'll look at mine and try to tell you
        what goes where. I'm not looking at the saw now but am thinking what you
        need is where the wires go from the capacitor to the motor.

        By the way, my motor is an AO Smith. I think some others have some other
        brand. I don't know if that will make a difference.

        There is some info under "lists" on the website. I don't remember a wiring
        diagram but you could look there. If there isn't a diagram, maybe you or I
        should add one after we figure it out.

        Bruce
        While trying to replace the coiled power cord, I inadvertantly
        disconnected 2 leads within the motor box. I believe right but can't
        bring myself to turn on the power in case I am wrong. Can anyone
        supply a wiring diagram, showing the connections? There are 6 of them.
        The service bulletin only shows how to replace the cord.

        Fun

        Service.

      • Ronald E. Roberts
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13, 2006
          I think I can do better than that. I have a photo somewhere showing the
          switch. If I can find it I'll post it on the Yahoo site.

          Ron Roberts
          Tucson, AZ

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2006
            Ok, I found the picture but it's of the switch box not the motor box. Sorry
            about that. I uploaded it anyway and it's under Files/Ron
            Roberts/switch.jpg. I can take a photo of my motor and the connections this
            coming weekend if you still need it just let me know.

            And if you look at the picture and are wondering the previous owner painted
            my Sawsmith a light blue. :( But it is indeed a Sawsmith.

            Ron Roberts
            Tucson, AZ

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 13, 2006
              Thamks for the response. I bit the bullet and pressed
              the on switch and everything was OK.

              --- Bruce Glover <bglover01@...> wrote:

              > Geo,
              >
              > I don't have a wiring diagram but in the next couple
              > of days (next time I
              > get off work at a reasonable time) I'll look at mine
              > and try to tell you
              > what goes where. I'm not looking at the saw now but
              > am thinking what you
              > need is where the wires go from the capacitor to the
              > motor.
              >
              > By the way, my motor is an AO Smith. I think some
              > others have some other
              > brand. I don't know if that will make a difference.
              >
              > There is some info under "lists" on the website. I
              > don't remember a wiring
              > diagram but you could look there. If there isn't a
              > diagram, maybe you or I
              > should add one after we figure it out.
              >
              > Bruce

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Bruce Glover
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 13, 2006
                Perfect...did anyone take a picture of your expression just when you pushed
                the button?
                Thamks for the response. I bit the bullet and pressed
                the on switch and everything was OK.

                --- Bruce Glover <bglover01@...> wrote:

                > Geo,
                >
                > I don't have a wiring diagram but in the next couple
                > of days (next time I
                > get off work at a reasonable time) I'll look at mine
                > and try to tell you
                > what goes where. I'm not looking at the saw now but
                > am thinking what you
                > need is where the wires go from the capacitor to the
                > motor.
                >
                > By the way, my motor is an AO Smith. I think some
                > others have some other
                > brand. I don't know if that will make a difference.
                >
                > There is some info under "lists" on the website. I
                > don't remember a wiring
                > diagram but you could look there. If there isn't a
                > diagram, maybe you or I
                > should add one after we figure it out.
                >
                > Bruce

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Fun

                Service.

              • kg8id
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 10, 2006
                  Anyone have a part number on the AO Smith motor for the Saw Smith,
                  my motor winding went bad and the motor was lost over the years and
                  I would like to find a replacement.

                  --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Chittick <georray@...>