New Parts Information for Sawsmith database

  • Bruce G.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      I'm a new member. I saw that there are many questions posted by
      people looking for replacement parts. I used the Database feature
      on the left side of the Home Page so members can see if anyone has
      already solved a replacement part problem. Members can also input and
      save what they know about parts availability and substitution. I
      added the first entry as an example.

      Take a look and you'll see what I did. (Go to the Home Page.
      Click "Database". Click "Parts Information for
      Sawsmith" to view entries.)

      To add a record:

      Go to Home Page. Click "Database". Click "Parts Information for
      Sawsmith" to view. Click "Add Record" to add your data. Fill in the
      blanks under "Record Data". After you input the data and proof read
      it, click "Add Record" at the bottom of the table. That's all there
      is to it!

      My thought is this will be like Wikipedia. If someone wants to add
      additional information or fix an error, they just do it.

      I hope this is helpful, Bruce

      By the way, this may look somewhat familiar. I figured out that the
      Yahoo instructions to add a record were not easy. In this message, I
      added my own instructions. I deleted message 257, the original
      message that you might have read or received via e-mail.