Re: [sawsmith] Long Time Owner

  • Ben McKillip
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2006
      I checked it but I did not find anthing in it. My belt is broken and I have the replacement. I can not get the houseing off.

      Ben McKillip

      Raymond Chittick <georray@...> wrote:
      No. I have not replaced mine yet. I plan to wait until
      the original breaks. Have you checked the service
      bulletin available from the Yahoo Group Site?

      --- Ben McKillip <benmckillip@...> wrote:

      > I also had to replace my belt, and grampa47 came to
      > the rescue to find me a new belt. The only trouble
      > is that I have not been able to get my houseing off
      > to put the new belt on. It will move just a little,
      > but no more that a 1/16th of an inch. Anhy ideas?
      >
      > Ben McKillip
      >
      > georray <georray@...> wrote:
      > Hi, I have had a Saw Smith since about 1960-61. It
      > has given me much
      > pleasure, and has been used extensively. I have used
      > it as a shaper,
      > sander, horizontal drill and once when I needed some
      > turned legs for
      > an end table I was making, rigged up a wood lathe. I
      > found a live
      > center that fit the spindle. Made a bed from a piece
      > of 2 x 6 and
      > angle iron, and bolted it to the auxillary top I
      > use, with t-nuts. An
      > old polishing head served as the tail stock. It
      > worked very well. For
      > the last 20 or so years I have only used it as a
      > saw. I was concerned
      > about the variable speed feature shortening the life
      > of the belt. Now
      > thanks to this group, and in particular
      > grandpadon47, I discovered
      > that their is a replacement belt, which has just
      > arrived. Now I can
      > use the variable speeds without concern.
      > Unfortunately the make shift
      > lathe fell by the wayside comewhere. Nice to find
      > this group, and so
      > many owners of this fine tool.

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      > removed]

      Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Radial arm saw