Re: [sawsmith] Re: looking for a replacment belt

  • Matt Callan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
      Steve
        I have converted all belt run tools in my shop to link belts, they just run smoother.  However, my saw smith still has the original belt that it came with when my father purchased it in the 60s and the speed device still works just fine.  Blades are hard to get, so I just keep sharpening the few that I have.  On the link belts, just make sure that you point them the correct direction or it will vibrate, kind of like going agenst the grain\, they are made to only run one direction.
      Thanks,
      Matt

      From: steve <shegedusii@...>
      Subject: [sawsmith] Re: looking for a replacment belt