Power cord adjustment

  • heathicus.geo
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2013
      Tinkered with my Sawsmith a little tonight, just trying to get more familiar with it. I noticed that when I tried to adjust the motor assembly, the section of power cord between the motor and yoke drew tight right at 45 degrees. I couldn't go any further either left or right. I adjusted the cord so I could go the full 90 degrees in both directions, but now I can't push the yoke all the way back toward the post. The cord draws tight about 6" before reaching the fully pushed back position.

      What's the trick to adjusting the cord so I can have full 90 degrees rotation, and full travel?
    • heathicus.geo
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2013
        I figured out a workaround. I just removed the screw and cable clamp that was holding the cable to the yoke. Now I can rotate the motor assembly 90 degrees both ways and have full length of travel for the carriage.

      • windgooroo1@att.net
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2013
          The old cords become brittle and develop cracks in the insulating sheath and wire jackets. You might be better off to just buy a new coiled cord. I had to do this with mine after losing a motor to a short to the inside of the passageway above the motor that couldn’t be seen without removing the cord. Take my word for it - you definitely do not want to have to replace one of these motors. Aside from being impossible to find, when (and if) you do they cost way more than an entire saw.

          Sent from Windows Mail