Re: [sawsmith] Motor Trips Breaker.

  • grandpadon47@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2011
       Several things come to mind here. I had a simalar problem when there was a old breaker in the Electric Box. I replaced it and everything was fine.

       Another time I wanted to try a 12 inch blade which tripped the breaker. Put the original blade back on everthing was fine.

      Another time I put a heavy 10 inch blade on which tripped the breaker. Put a lighter 10 inch blade on and it was ok.

        Hope these help, grandpadon in Missouri

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2011
        I'm trying this without a blade.  Breaker is new.  I'll try putting the blade on it, maybe some weird balance or weight issue?.  I'll let you know.

        I do have a motor repair place not far.  I really would like to get this saw running.  Its in very nice condition.

        Thanks

        Kevin

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2011
          The combined load of the motor bearings, the belt and pulley is preventing the motor from accelerating to full speed before the breaker trips. lubricate the bearings on the axle of the blade and open the bell housing of the motor, lubricate those bearings and blow out the motor, clearing out any debris that has built up. I did this and fixed the same problem. Ideally, replace the bearings if possible.

          post again if this does not fix the problem.
          -John

          --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, kevin hammill <kevin4150@...> wrote:

          > I'm trying this without a blade.  Breaker is new.  I'll try putting the blade on it, maybe some weird balance or weight issue?.  I'll let you know.
          >
          > I do have a motor repair place not far.  I really would like to get this saw running.  Its in very nice condition.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Kevin

        • kevin hammill
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16, 2011
            One suggestion was the blade diameters.  I haven't been using any blade for these tests.  Arbor is void of any obstructions.

            I've done most of what you're suggesting.  I will take it apart again and clean with a degreaser.  I am using lithum grease when I put it back together.  thoughts on that?  I thought I saw a post dealing with the bearings.  I thought someone said they were stock and still available.

            What would help is to have directions for setting the variable speed control.  I might have it backwards.  Right now I have the flat spot of the cam set to 17 when the dail on at its stop..

            I have fears because it looks like someone has had it apart before.  There are several marks from the allen screw sets.

            Thanks

            Kevin