Add a tool bracket

  • DwayneB
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2011
      Anybody out there know where to get the fabeled add a tool bracket for the SawSmith? I've seen the pictures that are posted but wondered if anyone knew where to get one or if anyone had one for sale.
    • Van Alston
      Message 2 of 4 , May 27, 2011
        There was one on eBay last week. I'm betting someone here bought it.

      • perryobear
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2011
          --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, Van Alston <boxorice@...> wrote:

          > There was one on eBay last week. I'm betting someone here bought it.

          Hi Guys,

          Yep, that would be me; A new old stock Add-A-Tool bracket in its original box.

          I am a brand new member of the Sawsmith Group. I have other Shopsmith (MK V) equipment but was recently given a Sawsmith RAS and hope to use the Add-A-Tool bracket to power some of the accessories that I currenly own.

          I am looking forward to learning more about my "new" RAS from members of the group.

          Dennis
        • Matt Tritt
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2011
            I’ve been a member of the group for a year or two now, and I have a very nice Magna SawSmith with a number of blades, dados and etc. I also have owned a “greenie” ShopSmith for a few years, but I very recently was able to pick up a “mint” 1984 Mk V with planer, band saw, jigsaw and belt sander with a lot of blades, bits, arbors, sanding discs, drums and belts, etc. The thing is that when I say Mint – it’s more like brand new.   The original owner literally used the table saw to make three cuts and never even attempted anything with it again. Most of the parts were still in their unopened boxes with the tape still on. I’ve truly never seen anything like it before, and probably won’t again, but it goes to show that strange stuff actually does happen for the better every now and then.

            My question to the group relates to the ShopSmith: Have any of you retro-fitted the new style 510 table on a Mark V? I have a complete new style table that came with my old greenie that I’m thinking about swapping onto my “new” machine, but I can’t figure out just how to go about it. Any clues would be most appreciated!

            Matt

            Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:16 PM
            Subject: [sawsmith] Re: Add a tool bracket