belt

  • don_liechty
    Message 1 of 10 , May 23, 2011
      Does shopsmith sell a replacement belt for the sawsmith?
    • grandpadon47@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 10 , May 23, 2011
        not any more, i looked for one not long ago and the number was discontinued. I ended up buying one of those link belts  www.grizzley.com had the best price for the link belt. grandpadon in Missouri

        Does shopsmith sell a replacement belt for the sawsmith?

      • Arnold Benson
        Message 3 of 10 , May 23, 2011
          I was not able to locate a belt suitable for the sawsmith on the grizzely website. The only link belt i found was 6' long. Do you have a specific catalog/item number for the belt you purchased?

          Message 4 of 10 , May 23, 2011
            Grizzly has 3 sizes all of which you have to make the belt to the length you need. I figured I could use the rest of the belt on my table saw or what ever so i bought the 6 footer. Grizzly call calls them Power Twist v- Belt,  Rockler calls them Power Twist Link Belt which is 4 foot for 34.99. Number 61120. McFeely's calls it a Power Twist VEE Belt 4 foot for 27.90. Number FPT-0048  Hope this helps grandpadon in Missouri

            Message 5 of 10 , May 23, 2011
              I presume you cut out a length appropriate for the sawsmith. What do you use to join the two ends?

              Message 6 of 10 , May 23, 2011
                You don't cut them out, you twist it and it come out, I don't remember where I seen it at but there is a video that shows how to do it. really not that hard once you get the belt and try it. grandpadon in Missouri

                Message 7 of 10 , May 23, 2011

                  That video is on utube it shows how they come apart and reconnect. grandpadon in Missouri

[...]

                • Tony Czar
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 14, 2011
                    To all

                    Looks like my motor is burned out. Lots of smoke. Anyone have any ideas. Please let me know. I may have to part this baby out.

                    Regards,

                    Tony
                  • Tony Czar
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 14, 2011
                      To all

                      Looks like my motor is burned out. Lots of smoke. Anyone have any ideas. Please let me know. I may have to part this baby out.

                      Regards,

                      Tony
                    • smartref
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 15, 2011
                        Hi Tony,

                        A local electrical motor repair facility can rebuild your motor.  Or search Ebay/Craigslist for anther saw and take the best parts from both and build a good saw.  They are great saws.

                        Rick