Re: sawsmith on e-bay

  • Jacob
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2004
      --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "grandpadon47" <grandpadon47@s...>
      wrote:
      > Wow the sawsmith on E-bay is already up to 153.00 and it has 7 days
      > left. Makes me wonder what mine is worth.

      Yes, interesting. I got mine locally last January for $100 including
      the base cabinet, some jigs, about 40 blades & more and the guy had
      had trouble selling it for that before I came along.

      > Did anyone check out the other stuff she has? She also has a
      drum
      > sander and a sanding disc. The sanding disc needs the shaft in the
      > middle to mount it on the Sawsmith, Then the shop smith sticky
      > sanding discs will work on it. I have that steel sanding disc and
      > have cut down some of the shopsmith sand paper to fit.
      > grandpadon47 in Missouri

      The drum sander is for a 1/2" shaft, so that wouldn't work on the
      Sawsmith. I don't see any mounting holes in the steel sanding disk.
      How does it mount? I have 12" discs for my Shopsmith, so I wouldn't
      need this item. Also, I have seen people mount a circular piece of
      plywood to a Shopsmith lathe faceplate for a shop made sanding disc,
      so that would work on the sawsmith as well. This way, you can decide
      what size you want - 6", 8", 10".